YES! You can wash them, even the Earth Leather! Caring for your Ju-Ju-Be and accessories will prolong their long and healthy life and help keep them looking great. Here are the settings the we suggest for best results:
MACHINE WASH COLD, GENTLE CYCLE. LINE DRY.
A few other washing tips of the trade, mostly submitted by our pinkiest fans!
- Use mild soap
- Spot cleaning is an effective way to clean small areas. use a damp cloth or a baby wipe with a mild cleanser and watch that Teflon™ work!
- Turn your bag upside down so she doesn’t fill with water and unbalance your machine
- Wrap her in a pillowcase to keep her quiet and protect her while she slides around your machine. tie your pillowcase at the top just in case your “bling” decides to take a detour off your zipper pull. rhinestones can be glued back on!
- We LOVE a product made by SHOUT called Color Catchers for any of our brighter colored linings
- If she’s extra stinky, dry her in the sun, but we suggest that you turn her inside out first, so she doesn’t get sunburned!
- In general, it’s a great idea to dry her inside out to be sure all the nooks and crannies are covered
- Allow a few days for her to dry completely
A note about washing the changing pads in our diaper bags:
- Often your changing pad will be full of air after washing-fold it up and press down to restore her to her natural shape. In humid weather, it can take a long time to dry. Start by squeezing as much water out as you can and if possible, dry it in the sun-satin side up. We know we tell you not to put your Ju-Ju-Be in the dryer…but…if you need extra help on those humid days, you can throw the stubborn, damp changing pad in the dryer on the lowest setting for a very short time.
Do you have some extra stains that the washing machine didn’t tackle?
- Baking soda and water (with a toothbrush) make an amazing stain remover!
- We also love BOOGIE WIPES (saline wipes) yes, you read that correctly…our fave moms LOVE these to get rid of the toughest of stains! We’ve also been told they work great for spot cleaning your changing pads.
- Grease stain? Try mild dish washing soap…a little tab ‘l do ya…scrub it in, rinse it off. Dry carefully in the sun. (no sunburns!)
- Ink stain? Carefully try rubbing alcohol or hairspray
- Please note that Ju-Ju-Be cannot be responsible for problems that arise out of a rough agitator (tears) or if you wash your bag with an item that bleeds, etc. We wish we could come to everyone’s house and make sure you do it correctly, but we can’t. (sigh)
- Sadly we do not suggest machine washing the Be Rich or the Be Tagged, as they contain a stiffener that tends to degrade with water immersion. Spot clean please, machine wash at your own risk.
- Agion is a wonderful thing and it fights against yuckies, however you have to heed the basic laws of nature. Don’t leave something wet in a dark place for a long period of time, it will grow bad stuff. Wash all spills immediately and be sure your bags and changing pads are DRY before you use them again!